Our members are welcome to use our public terminals to access any of our remote-access databases on-site at no additional charge. Our extensive print collection serves as a supplemental resource for your research. Keep this option in mind when you are working on pro bono projects and training new attorneys, summer associates, paralegals, and other employees. Additional databases available on-site include:
- Fastcase: The New York Law Institute is pleased to announce that NYLI members visiting our library at 120 Broadway will now have available the Fastcase legal research database. This service, which includes innovative Fastcase functionality (sorting options, visualization, and negative procedural history warnings) will be available to NYLI staff in assisting with research projects.
- WestlawNext: The most advanced online legal research system. Authoritative content for both primary law and exclusive secondary law titles. And we have just added New York Business Law Practitioner – a resource designed to help you practice New York business law more efficiently and effectively.
- Hein Online: Law reviews, session laws, current and historical statutes, treaties, and more. All content is fully-searchable, image-based and available for download in PDF. NEW!! Gun Regulation and Legislation in America: This new HeinOnline collection brings together more than 500 titles dealing with this difficult and important topic. Included are periodicals, key compiled federal legislative histories, relevant congressional hearings, CRS Reports, Supreme Court briefs, and more!
- 40 Years of the US Congressional Serial Set in HeinOnline: We are pleased to announce that we have added the US Congressional Serial Set as a part of our HeinOnline collection. We make HeinOnline available to our members on-site and via staff access as well as remotely for small firms of 50 or fewer attorneys, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. This new collection includes:
- Complete indexing of the more than 17,000 volumes and 380,000 records of the Serial Set
- Full 40-year (1978-2018) content archive in HeinOnline’s image-based PDF format
- Complete coverage of the American State Papers
Our librarians also have in-house access to several additional electronic resources including:
- Lexis Practice Advisor: NYLI is thrilled to announce to our members that we now have behind-the-desk access to Practice Advisor® that allows us to search and provide material to members for the cost of the photocopy!
Lexis Practice Advisor® is a practical guidance resource combining strategic information and form tools for attorneys and legal information professionals in transactional practice. At the heart of Lexis Practice Advisor® are the hundreds of forms, practical guidance, and checklists on 20 practice areas at the state and federal level, compiled and kept up-to-date by Lexis’ teams of legal experts.
- Cheetah Research Platform: The New York Law Institute now has access to the Cheetah Research Platform. Cheetah has extensive and comprehensive coverage for practice areas such as antitrust, banking, bankruptcy, securities and tax law.
- Lexis Advance: The online legal research solution helping you change the world… one case at a time.
- Bloomberg Law
- National Law Journal Online
- New York Law Journal Digital Microfilm
- Practical Law
We can retrieve materials from these on request, or use them in the course of working with you on a research project.
Make a Request
To request a document from any of the NYLI electronic resources to be e-mailed to you, use the Request a Document form or call us at (212) 732-8720.