We offer our members access to a range of research databases at no additional cost. Some databases can be accessed by members remotely 24/7 from any computer, using a password, while others are only available to our staff and to walk-in visitors to the library. For online or customized training, please view our calendar of events or contact us.
On-Site and Staff Access
Our members are welcome to use our public terminals to access any of the above databases on-site at no additional charge. Our extensive print collection serves as a supplemental resource for your research. Keep this option in mind when you are working on pro bono projects and training new attorneys, summer associates, paralegals, and other employees. Additional databases available on-site include:
- WestlawNext: The most advanced online legal research system. Authoritative content for both primary law and exclusive secondary law titles. And we have just added New York Business Law Practitioner – a resource designed to help you practice New York business law more efficiently and effectively.
- Lexis Advance: The online legal research solution helping you change the world… one case at a time.
Our librarians also have in-house access to several additional electronic resources including:
- Bloomberg Law
- National Law Journal Online
- New York Law Journal Digital Microfilm
- RIA Worldwide Tax and Commercial Law database
We can retrieve materials from these on request, or use them in the course of working with you on a research project.
Make a Request
To request a document from any of the NYLI electronic resources to be e-mailed to you, use the Request a Document form or call us at (212) 732-8720.