Phyllis Weiss Haserot at Thomson Reuters Legal Executive Institute recaps a session at a recent Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF East) event in which a panel of senior (in status) Boomer and Gen X law firm partners and corporate counsel imparted career wisdom and humor such as:
- Opportunity favors the prepared.
- Project a sense of self-respect to be perceived as powerful.
- Men define power as control. Women define power as influence.
- Don’t cover up mistakes. Own up to them and immediately suggest a solution.
- Wisdom only comes from an accumulation of experiences.