The New York Law Institute is recruiting for a Research Librarian/Legal Information Specialist. This critical position provides legal, business, and general information services to NYLI’s members using print, historical, and electronic resources. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Executive Director and Senior Research Librarian to support NYLI’s mission.
Located in Manhattan’s financial district, the New York Law Institute is a membership law library, serving the legal community continuously since 1828. NYLI is proud of its historic New York City roots and modern-day nationwide membership. Today membership libraries are a crucial part of the legal information community and NYLI is undertaking major initiatives to meet 21st century demands by partnering with its members to support their information needs using just-in-time cost-sharing access to resources.
Key Responsibilities: Provide in-depth legal and non-legal reference and research services using NYLI’s print, historic, and electronic resources including external resources as needed
- Maintain all data necessary to track reference requests (i.e., time, request, resources, etc.), create records, and build the NYLI Knowledge Base in an automated reference tracking system
- Contribute to initiatives to improve the delivery of research services and resources and to develop member-centric products and services
- Participate in the development of member training and outreach programs through webinars, firm visits, participation in professional association activities, etc.
- Assists with evaluating and selecting NYLI’s print and electronic resources
- Oversee the work of the Library Clerk and provide quality control for all document delivery and interlibrary loan assignments
Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth legal and non-legal reference and research services using print and electronic resources.
- MLIS or MLS from an ALA accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years law library experience
- Knowledge of legal and business research materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of various research databases such as LexisAdvance, Bloomberg Law, WestlawNext, HeinOnline, and various e-book platforms.
- Experience with comprehensive reference and request management systems such as Ref-Tracker.
How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to Lucy Curci-Gonzalez, Executive Director email@example.com . Applications are due by Tuesday, September 4, 2018 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls or agencies, please.
NYLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Competitive salary and benefits package