As we head into 2015, we here at NYLI just want to take a quick look back at our accomplishments and developments over the past year:
• Two librarians joined our Board of Directors this year: Well-known law librarian and influential blogger Jean O’Grady, Director of Research Services and Libraries at DLA Piper, and winner of the Public Law Libraries section 2014 Advocate of Year award and sought-after speaker Bess Reynolds, Technical Services Manager at Debevoise & Plimpton.
NYLI continues to move toward more cloud-based applications to ensure uninterrupted access to meet the information needs of our members:
• In April, we launched a new customized federated search application which searches all of our holdings, both print and electronic as well as their remote databases. The new “All Collections” search, available on the front page of their website, searches their online catalog and eBooks collection, as well as ProQuest Congressional, LLMC Digital, SSRN, GAO, and FdSys.
• In July, we launched our newly designed user-centered Web site which includes a responsive design well-suited for mobile devices, drop-down menus for easier navigation, search functionality on every page that enables quick access to their OPAC, All Collections, and all website content, an improved events calendar, and news sliders highlighting resources, news, and events.
• Our eBook collection continues to grow and now includes over 75,000 eBooks and is increasingly popular with our members.
• Our seamless catalog, allowing our members to merge NYLI’s catalog into their own, has grown. To date, 13 firms have merged their records with NYLI’s.
• Our Facebook page continues to grow, now with over 150 followers.
• Our Twitter feed also continues to grow, now with over 700 followers.
• Our webinars, highlighting our eBook, ProQuest Congressional, and LLMC-Digital databases, have proven popular with our members as they learn more about the cloud-based resources available to them.
Ralph Monaco, our Executive Director, and Ellyssa Kroski, our Director of Information Technology, presented at these conferences:
• “Law Librarianship in the Digital Age” AALL 2014, San Antonio, TX, July 15, 2014.
• “Law Librarianship in the Digital Age” ARK Best Practices & Management Strategies for Law Firm Library, Research & Information Services, New York, NY, Feb 20, 2014.
Ellyssa Kroski, our Director of Information Technology, edited Law Librarianship in the Digital Age, which won the 2014 Joseph L. Andrews Legal Literature Award awarded by The American Association of Law Libraries (AALL).
Ellyssa won the 2014 Emerging Leader Award from the Private Law Libraries Special Interest Section (PLL-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL). Ellyssa has also been elected to the Board of the Law Libraries Association of Greater New York.
Ralph Monaco, our Executive Director, was awarded the Innovative Professional of the Year award from the Public Law Libraries section of AALL.
Thank you for your continuing support of the New York Law Institute. We look forward to serving you in 2015.