As the oldest circulating law library in New York City, the New York Law Institute (NYLI) has an impressive collection of current, unique, historical and hard-to-find materials. Membership provides access to significant print resources enhanced by remote access to an array of online databases, including eBooks.
A very professional and dedicated team provides reference assistance and research services. Benefits of becoming a NYLI member:
- Personal Research Assistance - Our research experts are available to members to handle information requests from quick fact checking and research guidance to in-depth researches.
- Electronic Resources - Our members can access a wide variety of legal and business databases directly from their desktops at no additional cost.
- Robust eBook Collection - A collection of over 63,000 eBooks is available to our members at no additional charge.
- Unique Print Collection - Give you access to our unique print collection. Materials circulate for 7 business-days with options to renew by e-mail, phone, or online for two additional 7 business-day periods.
- Seamless Catalog - Member libraries that use EOS.Web® may directly integrate our catalog into their OPACs through our Seamless Catalog module.
- Rapid service - Most of our document delivery requests are filled within an hour with documents delivered by email or messenger service.
- Federal Depository Library - We have been a federal depository since 1909 and our collection has retained materials from that time through the present.
- Training - We provide Webinars on online databases on a regular basis. You can also request personalized training session for you and your team on legal research or online databases. Our research experts will adapt the training based on your needs and audience.
- Firm Support Staff Accessibility - Paralegals and clerks are permitted to use our services at no additional charge.
Becoming A Member
Consider the appropriate membership type and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 732-9695. You may also take a look at our membership rates.